This year was another great success, despite the weather. The Wolseley Trust were thrilled to have the Police, Fire Brigade and the Search and Rescue teams attend (along-with a Search and Rescue Dog) as well as their local community stall holders which gave the fun day a great atmosphere.
Down in the Main Hall, we had a fruit kebab stall, live music, bouncy castle and a circus skills workshop which were all fantastic. This year also included a “Mini Olympics” where all ages could take part to try and win a medal for the highest scores. In the Conference Room there was a mini cinema all day, along-with a colouring competition for the children which was sponsored by Mi-Space.
The Wolseley Trust were so pleased to have such great support from the community who attended even when the weather took a turn for the worse. Thanks are also due to the staff at Sylvia’s Cafe and the Meet & Eat Cafe for making sure everyone was fed and watered throughout the day.
Please see some pictures of the day below.
Mini Arts Festival at the Jan Cutting Healthy Living Centre
During Mental Health Awareness Week, 16th – 22nd May 2016, A Mini Arts Festival took place at the Jan Cutting Healthy Living Centre organised by Livewell Southwest in partnership with a few other organisations.
The week included;
- “Creativity and Chatter” Drop-In Sessions from Livewell Southwest’s team.
- “Mindfulness” and “Managing Anxiety” Workshops from the Plymouth Options team.
- Artwork completed by people who have or are suffering from mental health/learning disabilities from Cognivity, Support Yourway and PLUSS.
- Visits from the staff and animals from Dartmoor Zoo with information on volunteering, also including a talk from the zoo’s CEO Benjamin Mee on Green Prescriptions/volunteering.
- “Creativity” Drop-In Sessions from Cornwall College.
- “Rag Rug Craft Sessions” with the Support Yourway Team.
Please see some of the pictures from the week below.
Festive Family Fayre
On Tuesday 22nd December 2015, the Wolseley Trust held a Festive Family Fayre for the community.
There was a great turnout and was enjoyed by all who attended. Please see below for some pictures of the day.